Friday, July 17, 2009

Who is back?

As soon as the plane hit the ground, I silently said to myself, “HOME!”

It was weird at first. I had to see the workers wearing masks. Prior to my flight back to Brunei, I was informed that masks were common now that Brunei is affected by the swine flu. Some urged me to wear masks in the airport and I was reluctant really. I mean, nobody wear mask in Heathrow airport. And I could not find a place to buy it.

Anyway, swine flu! Compare it with the SARS; swine flu is less life-threatening. Nevertheless, as everyone should know, swine flu can be serious especially to those with weak immune system, pregnancy and so on. And to my delight (and everyone’s), I stayed inside the house for one week, and only just met my grandmother and aunts this afternoon. Even though I quarantined myself, I was still in contact with my parents and siblings. Therefore, the idea of staying in seem useless. Oh well, at least I am not showing any swine flu symptoms. And I repeat, make my friends feel safe if I meet them later on. haha

And yes, it feels good to be back. Yes, finally get to sleep on my own bed. I finally have time for real relaxation. True, I did have some trouble adjusting to Brunei’s time. Few nights I was wide awake until it was four in the morning. And ended up sleeping most afternoons. But now, I think I am okay. I did not sleep in the afternoon TODAY YAY!

There are many things I did not know while I was away. Such as my aunt is actually pregnant. Wow 5 months! And she sold her red sports car. And my other aunt bought a new car. And that, I apparently look like I gain little weight. And, also other things that now I see pointless to mention to you.

Anyway, now that I am in Brunei, I am just going with the flow, and try to control a bit where I am heading to. While it is true the only person who can make a big change in your life is you, sometimes it can be not you. You won’t get it, but yes it is true. A person who can make big change in your life is not necessarily you, or at least the source of the trigger to the change is not you. But like always, I don’t wish to complain. okay, what am I talking about?

I am out!

No comments:

Post a Comment