Sometimes I put myself on someone else’s shoe, you know. Or at least, I imagine what it is like to be you or him or her or those strangers...
And quite often, I do not see a forever-happy person. For example, say, I am imagining myself as Barack Obama. Surely, I am not forever happy? Won’t I feel moody sometimes? Wouldn’t I feel being under pressure when things in the White House are hectic? Won’t I hate myself for not having the best solution for the economic depression or hunger or whatever?
I know other people have problems or lives that differ from mine. Sometimes I thought that perhaps that person across that room has fewer problems than I do, or that another person seems to have stress-free life and oh my, please let me be like that super genious/prodigy/talented/bla bla.
Other thoughts would be; shit I am grateful that I am not him/her... That must be painful and too much to take, wouldn’t it? Or I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT PERSON from my understanding of the person’s life. Or simply I would not understand the person at all.
I know I have different story to tell, if I were to write an autobiography of myself. True, maybe we will have same opinion on some matters but would it possible for us to have the same ideas on everything? I say impossible though perhaps, you may surprise me, we may have exact story to tell.
Anyway, for now, I see that everyone is unique and has his or her own personalities, I asked myself, “Is everything laid out for us already?” Or can we change our fates? Can we be a different person? Is that possible? Or if that is possible, is that also written down in the Script and that that is just a part of the fate?
The evidence that quantum physics rejects determinism – that is the current universe is not simply “the effect of its past” and “the cause of its future” somehow convince me that yes, we have the ability to change our course of life. Yes, we can change who we are and that our stories are not yet finished, and are silently written down as every second passes by. And perhaps by the time of our death, then our stories are only finished.
Only then, if you believe in God, whatever is written down in the Holy Book that says that if you did this or this, you will end up in Heaven or Hell, or you will be tortured in the grave... and that the after-life stories are only then determined. And this unknown world to us, will reject quantum physics and may somehow follow a law (unknown to us just yet) that fits the after-life world (you know, like how Newton’s Law fit his own world of motion..etc etc) okay, I am rambling.
Like the astronomers say that the Universe is expanding, and that we may not know how true is it that the Universe is made up of mostly dark matter and dark energy (because there is no direct evidence for it though indirect evidences suggest their existences), I think that our knowledge about the world is also expanding, and there are loopholes to what we understand about the world (from minor stuff, i.e. how some people still debate over the importance of mobile phones in school to more serious issue like, can euthanisia be acceptable?).
And other example such as what Michio Kaku is trying to do; doing a research on completing Einstein’s dream of a “theory of everything” personally I think amazing though admit that he might never will succeed. And this can be backed up philosophical side, such as Plato’s theory of ethics that no man can actually resist the temptation of being able to steal and kill at will, if we have superb power like invisibility the world will just fall apart.... And acquiring “theory of everything” from invisibility to flying and defying gravity, is just a joke.
BUT perhaps invisibility and flying and travelling at the speed of light, may be possible and still we have not yet known “theory of everything.” As we discovered new things, we realise that there are more things that are left to be discovered.
BUT what am I to say in this matter? I am just a student who is not even in uni.
I know I am just rambling. I can’t help it. And on a different note, I have to decide what course in uni to take, and I choose Physics and Philosophy. And I seem to be pleased with my choice day by day. True, pure science (i.e. physics) may sound like a joke if I am to be an administrator. But having read what physics degree can give you, I must say you are wrong. And combining it with Philosophy, make it even more convenient to be an administrator.
A degree that allows you to be more open-minded and think deeply about important questions mix it with a degree that allows you to understand the world from point of view of science?
I’d take it any day and anywhere. And yes it does not have to be Oxford. [ though well, Oxford is admittedly is so far the best place I know to take the course =( ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment