I know everyone is saying R.I.P Michael Jackson for 2 WEEKS now.
But I don't know MJ. Personally I mean. And probably most of the people living on this planet. Unless, you want to argue that fans indeed have personal intimate relationship with him, i.e. in concerts or simply listening to his music, then you don't. I don't know. First time I read about his death on twitter, I was like, "What???" It was shocking, never really thought about him. And then, I went 'oh, people would get over this easily'.
I was WRONG!
But then, I am not really a music expert so I did not know at that time that he was supposedly the king of pop, and a living legend. Thanks to the fact that his success was blooming when I was probably still a baby or in womb, I don't really give it much thought about MJ's music right now, when I am just a teenager who listen to modern songs. Thanks to the media, my impression of MJ was a plastic who likes kids and many other bad things the media thrown at him.
But now, when I listen to his fans actually become sad and emotional, I actually start to wonder. WHY? Why would people mourn for his death? Was he not just a singer and dancer? Then I thought about it, read more about MJ on the newspapers, youtubed his 'thriller', beat it, billie jean and so on.
I realised it was not just that. He was more than a man whom the media depicted him to be. However, to be honest, I am not going to cry nor am I really interested to watch the memorial. Because I don't know him. And it would be silly for a guy like me, who just know MJ because he died and heard people crying insanely, and so I read his biography on newspapers and started to watch-his-what-was-this-hype-about-his-thriller-thingy-on-youtube-and-then-go-oh-my-that-so-cool-actually, to weep.
There are indeed other worrying and sad forms of tragedy in life. However, MJ used to be a.. living legend with his smooth dance and yes, that moonwalk I have to admit was very clever so was his own original move and also, his music somehow unites the black and white people and so on..
So R.I.P MJ!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment