Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Choice

I don’t know if I should post this but having updated the blog with highly uninteresting stuffs, I think I may just say what is on my mind right now, which can be interesting to some people. If not, well my mistake. ;)

Or at least some of the stuffs on my mind because surely, you are not interested to know about what I think of the food I eat today. Or maybe you do. Whatever. I am just going to talk about university courses. Haha.

I am still deciding what course to take. I mean, I used to think that I would be doing medicine last year. When I came to PTEB, I put down medicine as my first choice and having Chemistry as my subject. But I flush down that ambition when I accepted the scholarship I have right now.

I don’t mind really because I thought then, I would be doing engineering and management. So gone Chemistry and hello Further Mathematics.

Anyway, I come across this course called ‘Physics and Philosophy’. And I thought to myself, hmm that sounds interesting. People may question me like, ‘what does philosophy have to do with physics?’ the answer is, a lot!

I tend to question more about stuffs and life since I came to UK. I know, I used to think that there is a limit to knowing things. And that, there are questions that don’t need to be answered. But you know, there would be times when you just can’t help it. So I thought physics and philosophy should suit me because I don’t want to give up science and not using mathematics (differentiation, oh my favourite) in uni. And also, philosophy may open my eyes and let me get involved in discussions on philosophical stuffs, and still believing that there is a limit to knowing life~? I don’t know, really. And also doing this double degree makes things easier with my scholarship which encourages me to take dual degree.

Anyhow, I will decide firmly after my engineering week course in Glasgow. Hopefully, after getting myself involved in engineering works for a week can help me decide really what to choose.

Yes, quite a boring post. At least, I am not abandoning it.

xx x

No comments:

Post a Comment